Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lost Dove

The last several days there has been a Mourning Dove visiting our bird feeders.  We see them a lot during the summer, but normally they are long gone south by now.  I think this one is either lost or just not very smart.

This is the dove mentioned above.  She/he looks healthy, just not smart enough to go south.


 This is the new feeder set up I just installed yesterday.  The feeder on the right is a new one I just finished.  It is made out of redwood that I got from one of the railings around our deck.  The deck is being replaced next spring, so the railing won't be missed.  The other feeder is the first one we ever put out and was made by my father.  I just finished refurbishing it with new windows.  On the ground you can see the Dove shown above and a couple Juncos.


Patrick

0 comments:

Post a Comment