Saturday, April 13, 2013

Some Assembly Required

Yesterday we made a routine trip to St. Cloud and before we headed home, Patrick asked if there was anywhere else we needed to go.  I suggested we stop at Office Depot to check out their computer desks as I needed a new set up for my computer.

When we walked in the door at Office Depot, there was a nice high back leather chair sitting there with a tag "as is" on it.  Patrick needed a new chair very badly (his old one was about 15 years old and showing wear) so he tried it out.  We asked the salesman what was wrong with it.  He said someone returned it and since it was out of the carton and assembled, it was sold "as is".  This was a bonus for us not to have to assemble it.  It came home with us. 
 
Then we moved on to the furniture.  I found two desks that I liked but settled on one.  From the desks we went to the desk chairs for myself.  Another successful find.

By the time we left, we had 2 new chairs and a new desk with the desk and my chair needing assembly.  This was Patrick's project for today.


My new chair.
 
This is the old desk.

 ....and 33 steps and 4 hours later, the finished product.  There were several breaks along the way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment